Acid Cleaner 390 is a liquid non-electrolytic acid derusting compound for chemically removing rust and scale from ferrous metals. Acid Cleaner 390 is completely safe to use on all steel parts, as there is no attack or hydrogen embrittlement of the metal itself.
Acid Cleaner 390 can be applied using standard spray washing equipment.
1. Make up a 10-50% solution of Acid Cleaner 390 depending on amount of rust or scale to be removed.
2. Spray the parts with Acid Cleaner 390.
3. Let stand 5 - 10 minutes.
4. Spray parts again.
5. Apply Fe phosphate or other desired coating.
1. Take a 5 ml sample of the bath.
2. Add 50 mls of D.I. Water
3. Add 3-4 drops of phenolphthalein.
4. Titrate with 1.0 N Sodium Hydroxide until the solution changes from clear to pink.
Calculation: mls 1.0 N Sodium Hydroxide x 1.639= % Acid Cleaner 390.
Read Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
Product Data Sheet/KB023 Effective Date: 06-07-07 Supersedes: 5-19-03