Non Chrome Seal Rinse
Non-Chrome Seal Rinse is a water-soluble corrosion preventative designed for use on phosphated and bare steel, as well as non-ferrous metals. It eliminates hexavalent and trivalent chromium from final seal chemicals to simplify waste disposal, thereby allowing less expensive waste treatment facilities. This non-foam product provides in-plant protection for up to 30 days. The anti-oxidation barrier deposited does not interfere with painting, welding, gauging or other procedures.
Concentration 1-4% by volume
Time 30 seconds - 1 minute
Temperature 60 –190 oF.
Control pH: 10.5 - 11.5
1. Mild steel tank should be filled with water.
2. Add 2% Non-chrome seal rinse.
3. Mix solution with paddle.
4. Raise temperature to operating range.
5. Check pH and maintain at 10.5 - 11.5
1. Maintain pH at 10.5 - 11.5
2. Pump tank and recharge on regular basis, once every 2 - 4 weeks is normal.
This product is a strong alkaline material containing sequestering agents. Handle with extreme caution.
Read Material Safety Data Sheet before using this product.
Product Data Sheet/PH017 Effective Date: 06-07-07 Supersedes: 12-05-01